"It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly"
- Isaac Asimov
I actually find very little assurance or motivation from this quote. Today I find myself once again surrounded on all sides with said difficulties and as much as I will myself to "put on my game face" and muster up my courage, I am not confident. Not in myself. Not anymore.
Honestly, I'd rather not see my problems shrink to the point where I can handle them.
I'd rather see God rise up and overwhelm them.
"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down but not destroyed... so we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
No comments:
Post a Comment