Monday, March 22, 2010

10.



New packing technique: Organize clothes into piles by type (i.e. long sleeved shirts, skirts, etc) Then allow yourself to choose one and only one item from each pile. This reveals the essentials of your wardrobe. I found it most helpful and extremely simplifying. My wardrobe essentials have proven to be:
- red wool sweater
- black underarmor shirt
- favorite faded jeans
- yellow hemp shirt from Bethany
- grey cardigan
- green doorknob skirt
- work out pants
- black fleece jacket
- pea green hat
- black long underwear
- smart wool socks
- mom's purple down vest
- blue baseball t-shirt
- striped jammies

And there we have it! I'm packed!

if only...

However, it wasn't as overwhelming as I thought it would to sort through all my stuff, box up what I'm leaving behind, and pack what I'm taking with. Here is my "time to consolidate" look. It comes out every 4 months or so. With a vengeance! Look out closet!



No comments:

Post a Comment